Of course they got the job…it’s not what ya know…it’s who ya know! Right?
Well….sort of. Ben Stein said, “Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancement, all success, and all achievement in real life begins.”
- Yes…it is who you know. But, do you like everyone you know? And do they like YOU?
Is knowing enough? Or…does it come down to who knows you, and do they like and trust you? Simply knowing you doesn’t make you a shoe in for the position, referral or recommendation. What are you doing to develop personal relationships?
- It’s like the best marital advice I’ve ever heard: 100/100
A successful relationship takes both parties giving 100%. Are you giving to those closest to you? What about people you meet? Do you look for what you can get out of a relationship? Or do you look for ways to give?
Yes it’s who you know…and What they know about YOU!
Your relationships will take you to the Top of the World.
Are you a Story Teller?
What’s that? Easy for me with a name like Story! Maybe. The reality is that YOU are a story teller.
- Every day…you tell yourself and the world a story.
In the way you live, in the things you say, or don’t say. What you do for a living…or what you don’t do for a living.
What you start…or fail to start. Everything you do tells a story about your life. When you decide not to start that side business, because: in this economy? That’s a story.
Sure, I’d love to be married…but look around, anyone decent is already taken. That’s a story…and as long as you keep telling it, that will be the story of your life. As long as you’re telling a story, and you are – why not make it a good one?
A story you want to hear…a story you want to live.
What is the Story you are living? Does it match your heart’s desire? Yes? GREAT! IF not…then spin a new yarn.
Tell a tale that gets you excited about today…and leaves you on the edge of your seat for tomorrow. Your new story will take you…to the top of the World.
Why do you do what YOU do?
The Great American question is: What do you do?
You meet someone at a party, or business engagement; it’s natural to ask ~ What do you do?
Recently on Alaska Matters Radio…I asked listeners to tell me Why they do what they do?
The Responses were terrific, here are a few.
- I do what I do to achieve MY American DREAM….
- I do what I do because I love my family and want the BEST for them. I also feel God put me here to help people in small ways or big ways…
- I love protecting my community…
- I love to help others…
- I do what I love…
- So I can be with my family every night…more money to be made elsewhere; but my family comes first…
Very impressive! Not one of the responses that came through during the show said for the money! Of course getting paid is a worthy objective.
To quote Nietzsche; “He who has a why to live….can bear almost any how.”
So…why do YOU do what you do?
Me? I love to inspire, motivate and be a positive force in peoples lives. Zig Ziglar is a hero of mine, he said: “You can have anything you want in life, if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want.”
I’m wishing you Health, Wealth and Prosperity!
Have you ever wondered what drives the most successful people…? Either those on the pages of magazines or even those in your home town…that appear to have it all. Who drives them…..? Some mystical coach?
Perhaps a Swami?
Give me 60 Seconds and allow me to introduce you to the GREATEST coach and RIVAL of your life!
We had a Short Story Radio contest….this short, very short but powerful story won.
Here is how it went down on the Radio today!
How to Wake up on Vacation @ Home…everyday!
This isn’t for you!
It’s my plan…you might like parts of it…and discard others with yesterday’s news.
- Wake up early…for me that is 5am
- In order to wake up early I go to bed @ a reasonable time each night: Be consistent
- Wake up grateful: before you even move a muscle…review at least one thing your grateful for.
- Silent prayer: I thank God for this day…for my family and our health…wealth and happiness.
- Brew pot of Coffee(tea if you must)…and get the current book(s) I’m reading from my hutch of knowledge.
- While it’s brewing…I notice what’s going on outside. Notice Nature.
- Stretch: I stretch my back…..legs and arms. Get the blood flowing.
- All during my morning first hour of power…I repeat my definite chief aim: (affirmation if you will) My purpose is to serve….influence…inspire….motivate and to be a positive force in people’s lives wherever and whenever I can.
- Read for approximately an Hour…or till I’m moved to write for On Top of the World Radio.
This routine sets my day off to a great start….
By the time the rest of the house is stirring…I have been on a mental vacation for at least an hour!
From James Allen’s Book: From Poverty to Power
“What you are, so is your World”
So true…not easy to accept if you don’t like the world you live in, true nonetheless. Close your eyes to the outside for a time and make what you desire of your inner world…then REFLECT it to the OUTER WORLD!….
The secret path to the Top of the World!
How to Keep friends and Influence People….on Facebook: 4A’s
Accept: You don’t have to agree with your Uncle…but accept him for who he is…and what he believes.
Acknowledge: You can acknowledge someone else’s point without agreeing with it. Often we are so busy thinking about what we are going to say next…even online: that we never really listen to the other person.
Aware: Be aware of as many different view points as you can…that means you don’t push everyone away from you.
If you walked into a Christmas Party….would you go up to someone you know you have nothing politically in common with and pick a fight by holding up a picture with a sarcastic quip on it….and then expect to be invited back?
What would you have accomplished?
Appreciate: First of all…appreciate the first amendment. Celebrate that we can all express our differences…..then really listen to what the other person is saying. Like a knife against a stone……you’ll come to have a better understanding of your own view points and appreciate your beliefs all the more as they get sharper.
Stephen Covey said to seek first to Understand…then to be Understood. This is the Art of Influence.
Apply the 4A’s today…and you’ll Keep your Friends…and Influence People on Facebook.
As Broadcast on KPEN fm 102 in Homer Alaska.
A letter from a listener that will surely touch your Heart!